Be the positive change your organisation needs
Study with international experts and global leaders in the delivery of Educational Leadership with over 22 years’ of teaching and research experience.
Sector Inspired - Study using a Practice-Based Learning Approach that challenges you to think critically.
Truly Global - Join peers from around the world at the 3-day course conferences held each semester.
World-class - Taught by global leaders in the delivery of Educational Leadership.
|Application deadline||August 2020|
|Location||Available all over the world with workshops held in Dubai, Manchester, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and São Paulo.|
|Admissions||At least three years of work experience and recognised degree or eight to 10 years experience in lieu of a degree.|
|Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org / +971 (0)4 446 8664|
|Call back requestBrochure requestApplication process|
Kelley School of Business: The world leader in online learning
Half of the courses on the Kelley-Manchester Global MBA are delivered online by Kelley School of Business, Indiana – a world leader in online learning. Kelley’s rigorous curriculum is delivered online in a flexible, interactive format that works for busy professionals, so you can advance your career while you continue to manage other responsibilities in your life. You’ll learn from the same respected faculty that teach on the School’s residential programmes – award winning, accessible teachers who will recharge your thinking on business. Kelley also delivers classes from Washington DC.
Alliance Manchester Business School: The global expert in immersive teaching
Half of the courses on the Kelley-Manchester Global MBA are delivered by Alliance MBS. These courses typically include an intensive three-day workshop delivered by our most senior faculty – a chance to step away from your day job and immerse yourself in the world of global business.
Since we opened our doors in 1965 as one of the UK’s first business schools, we’ve set ourselves apart with this focus on ‘learning by doing’. Our practical approach teaches MBAs to apply theory to live business challenges, think creatively and become opinion leaders.
As you progress through the Kelley-Manchester Global MBA you will choose four electives from your field(s) of interest. AMBS electives include a workshop residential at any of AMBS’ global centres and Kelley electives are delivered online. We also offer a small number of electives that include a workshop residential in Washington DC. Please contact us for further information.
This is your chance to customise the MBA to suit your personal goals and interests. Our electives span many popular fields of expertise including: entrepreneurship and innovation; finance; HR management; leadership and management practice; marketing; projects and technology.
We deliver electives across our global centres in Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, São Paulo, Shanghai and Singapore, as well as select electives in Washington DC. You will benefit from the opportunity to widen your international network and sharpen your knowledge of the global business environment.
AMBS electives (choose three)
Your choices include:
- Big Data Analytics
- Business-to-business Marketing
- Commercial And Contract Management
- Corporate Turnaround And Restructuring
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Doing Business In China
- Entrepreneurship And Innovation Management
- Information Systems And Digital Strategy
- Investments And Portfolio Management
- Managing Disruptive Technologies
- Media And The Creative Economy
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Investing
- Strategic HR Management
- Strategic Project Organizing
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable And Socially Responsible Business
- The Digital Economy
- The Practising Manager
- Venture Capital And Private Equity
Kelley electives (choose two)
Your choices include:
- Asset Pricing and Security Valuation (online)
- Digital Marketing: Theory, Design, and Strategy (online)
- International Financial Management (online)
- Organisation Design for Strategic Advantage (online)
- Washington Campus Public Policy Education (includes 5-day workshop residential)
- Supply Chain Management – Sourcing (online)
- Sustainable Operations (online)
- Thinking Strategically: Game Theory and Business Strategy (online)
- Valuation And Capital Investments (online)
- Working Capital Management (online)
- At least three years’ professional experience with strong career progression and a recognised degree, or
- Eight to ten years’ managerial experience instead of a recognised degree
- Successful completion of one of the following tests: Manchester Admissions Test (one hour online test), GMAT or GRE
- English language qualification (TOEFL iBT/IELTS/CPE/PTE Academic/India Standard x 11) if applicable
- Excellent team working, communication, professional and interpersonal skills
- Please review the full entry requirements before you apply.
- Next intake: July 2020
- Fees: $68,250 (paid in installments over two years)
- Scholarships: Every applicant is automatically considered for a scholarship. Our scholarships are awarded on merit based and worth up to 15%.
Our Educational Leadership in Practice (MA) is the only global blended programme that is taught from a critical approach and not a functionalist one. This practice-orientated learning will enable you to be the change your organisation needs.
You can expect to study units covering topics such as:
Models of Educational Leadership
• Explore conceptualising educational leadership practice as adjectival models
• Examine what this means in diverse international contexts
• Examine and evaluate a range of key models
Engaging With Educational Leadership Research
• What is educational leadership?
• What topics can be researched in education?
• Why should research in education be taken seriously?
Leading Educational Change and Development
• Examining what is meant by ‘change’
• Counter-productive and prodcuctive motivators for and mechanisms for change
• Critical perspective on leading change
Educational Leadership Policy
• What is policy and how is it ‘done’?
• Policy architecture
• Welfarism, social democracy and neoliberalism as policy architecture
Educational Leadership as a Social Practice
• Educational leadership practice in a Globalising education system
• Getting and doing the job
• Using research evidence
Optional Unit/Accreditation of Previous Learning
• Digital Media and Information Literacy
• Leading Learning (International school focus)
Dr. Alexander Gardner-McTaggart
Lecturer in Educational Leadership
“At The University of Manchester we believe educators are powerful influencers and have important voices in a rapidly globalising world. It is our intention to empower educational leaders to face tough challenges in globalising educational spaces with compassion and competency.
Balancing rigid external realities with the values of education is more important now than ever. Building capacity and positive teams and sharing in leadership and fostering growth are all part of the privilege of leading in education.
In a world of online connection, it is often difficult to build networks and professional practice that is enduring and authentic. That is why this blended course focuses on developing your professional leadership practice, from and for education. This course has the advantage of being run by leadership specialists who mentor and foster leadership behaviours and skills, as well as developing a rich critical understanding of the field. In this way, this course is truly empowering for leaders who wish to engage at higher levels, whilst running a complex organisation based upon respect and dignity.
The programme offers unique face-to-face course conferences twice a year, where team-building, networking and mentoring happen in real time.”
Prof. Helen Gunter
Professor of Education Policy
“MA Educational Leadership in Practice at The University of Manchester helps you to build your confidence to own your knowledge as a professional and to work with researchers to develop new ways of thinking critically. We respect the need to ensure an organisation is working well, but we go beyond that and enable you to ask questions about the experiences of being a student and teacher in that organisation, and how educational purposes are related to values and power.”
MA EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP IN PRACTICE
Join our September 2020 intake:
- Semester 1: September - February
- Semester 2: February - August
- Semester 3: September - February
- Semester 4: February - August