Make a difference to our future landscape
The course is a blended learning programme which is delivered through face-to-face course conferences + interactive online learning with a total of 200 hours of study per unit (approximately 20 hours per week).
RICS Accredited - This is a fast-track, RICS-accredited conversion course, taught from a critical approach.
Truly Global - Join peers from around the world at the 3-day course conference held each semester.
World-class - Taught by leading academics with a wealth of experience in industry.
FACE-TO-FACE International Course Conferences
You will have the opportunity to attend two major course conferences during the year. Each conference is held at The University of Manchester’s Middle East Centre, located in the heart of Dubai’s Knowledge Park.
During these three-day course conferences you can take advantage of valuable networking opportunities and learn from industry peers, experts and academics. At these course conferences you will undertake practical activities based on your units in small multinational groups. This blended learning approach offers a balance between strategic focus, theoretical foundations and practical applications that will apply directly to your workplace.
|Next intake||September 2021|
GBP 16,000 plus 5% VAT (Paid in 4 instalments)
|Location||This part-time master's programme is delivered through a blended learning format, with workshops in Dubai.|
Minimum 2:1 Honours Degree (or international equivalent) in any subject
|Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org / +971 (0)4 446 8664|
Join our September intake:
Semester 1: September - February
Semester 2: February - August
Semester 3: September - February
Semester 4: February - August
You can expect to study units covering topics such as:
Real estate markets
- Understand fundamentals of real estate
- Explore geographical and sector markets
- Study how macroeconomics shapes property cycles
Real estate investment and finance
- Explore the principles of investment and the creation of value
- Critically evaluate direct and indirect methods of investing in real estate
- Demonstrate approaches used in financing of funds and individual projects
- Introduce principle methods of property valuation
- Explore the mathematical application of different methods of valuation
- Critically examine the physical, legal and economic factors
Strategic asset management
- Introduce the principles of strategic asset management
- Explore the tactics used to pro-actively manage real estate assets
- Topics include performance metrics, risk management and sustainability and responsible property investment
Planning for future cities
- Explore the principles, nature and practice of planning systems and processes around the world
- Understand emerging future trends in urban development in global cities
- Examine the notion of the future ‘smart’ city in a global context
Project based enquiry
- An opportunity to plan, manage and conduct practice-based research on a topic related to the course
- Develop knowledge and competency in an appropriate range of research methods including the development of a focal question or hypothesis
- Develop experience of developing and managing a specific research project through to final submission
Land and development
- Develop an understanding of land use policies and making the best use of land resources
- Practical experience and understanding of the development process through real life development sites
- Develop an understanding of the financial issues and risks involved in development schemes
You will be studying with a global leader in the delivery of real estate practice with over 20 years’ experience.
Successful real estate practitioners require a wide range of transferable skills and knowledge in areas such as strategic asset management, property valuation and real estate law in practice.
This Master’s focuses on these practical aspects of managing real estate in a ‘real-world’ environment. Whether you’re looking to enhance your skills in asset management, planning for future cities or move into a more senior position, we have a course that fits your needs.
Lecturer in Real Estate
“At the University of Manchester we recognise that real estate is at the heart of many global businesses. From delivering investment returns to helping to attract and retain staff, real estate has to perform effectively at many levels. Our aim is to develop our learners so that they have the necessary skills, knowledge and professionalism to compete effectively in a challenging global market.
Recent research has highlighted the need for real estate professionals to add value by providing leadership in solving business problems, rather than simply offering traditional technical skills. This principle is at the heart of our MSc in Real Estate. The programme is designed as an intensive fast-track conversion course which is accredited by Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). The programme combines academic excellence with the explicit development of transferable skills that are essential for a career in Real Estate, whether in the private or public sector, in the UK or internationally.
In addition to the comprehensive online material, the programme offers face-to-face workshops twice a year providing opportunities for team working, networking and mentoring to underpin the academic content.”
Begin your studies in September.
Take the first steps and apply today.
- Minimum 2:1 Honours Degree (or international equivalent) in any subject
- Relevant work experience
- IELTS Test score of 6.5 (or equivalent) if English is not your first language
English Language requirements:
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.5 in the writing component and no other subsection below 6.0
- TOEFL internet-based score of 90 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 22 and no other subsection below 20
- CAE or CPE overall score of 176 or above, with 176 in writing and no sub-section below 169