Part-time Global MBA
Raise your aspirations on this world class, international part-time MBA programme which focuses on you as a leader from the very beginning. From entrepreneurship to international finance you will benefit from the latest thinking and hone the skills that will set you apart in today's competitive marketplace.
|Cost||AED 190,924.00 / GPB 32,918|
|Application deadline||December 2017|
|Location||Available all over the world with workshops held in Dubai, Manchester, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and São Paulo|
|Admissions||At least four years of work experience and recognised degree or eight to 10 years experience in lieu of a degree.|
|Contact||Info@manchester.ac.ae / +971 (0)4 446 8664
To contact your local international centre please visit: Brazil, Hong Kong, Miami, Shanghai, Singapore
|Call back requestBrochure requestApplication process|
Top global organisations want global executives who thrive in a multicultural environment, who have experience of other cultures and can manage across boundaries. There will be opportunities to:
- • Enhance your general management skills to move up or change career
- • Broaden your understanding of international business by taking workshops at our global centres
- • Learn from an internationally renowned team of academics, industry experts and business leaders
- • Apply critical judgement and demonstrate leadership - all of which can be applied to your current role
- • Work with global executives from the likes of AstraZeneca, Bank of New York Mellon, IBM, KPMG, PWC and Siemens etc
- • Take advantage of our dedicated part-time Global Careers Service
Workshops on the global pathway can be taken in the UK or at one of our global international centres, and present a valuable opportunity to share learning with colleagues and to build up a global network of contacts:
- • Residential workshops provide a minimum 24 hours of face-to-face contact per course which is more direct contact than many part-time on campus programmes.
- • Courses without residential workshops are complemented with online workshops that consist of online discussions and tutorials linked to a formative assessment.
- • Learn from guest speakers.
- • Socialise with classmates.
Workshops are a prescribed element of the course and attendance is required for at least 80% of the workshops. The number of MBA students in each workshop session is kept deliberately low, typically 25-30, to maintain their high quality and interactive nature.
Workshop sessions are delivered by senior faculty and a pool of experts from outside the School who are considered leaders in their particular fields. They travel the world teaching at our global centres, so you get the same, consistently high standard of teaching no matter where you are based.
Working in selected groups, and through the use of a blended learning model, you will closely mimic a real working environment.
You will be required to interact with other members of your group, and with the external company employees, through email, discussion groups, video conferencing and face to face meetings. During this time you will also conduct your own personal research and studies.
You will be supported by an academic supervisor, hand-picked for their expert knowledge.
This project will involve:
- • Team-working
- • Completion of a 10,000-word dissertation
- • 12 months study
In the event that a student has corporate sponsorship, an individual project may be undertaken that helps their organisation achieve its goals.
Group Business Simulation
Working in small groups of four to six people, you will carry out a challenging business simulation project based on real issues faced by today's organisations.
The business simulation is designed to test your skills in:
- • Team-working
- • Communication
- • Leadership
- • Negotiation
- • Decision-making
- • Risk-taking
As part of a group you will take over a fictional company competing in a growth market and work to maximise its share price by the end of the project.