Every day, we negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders - from customers, suppliers and stakeholders to family, friends and even ourselves. However, negotiation skills are often overlooked by professionals.
Whether we are buying a new car, looking for a salary increase or working the supply chain, many of us rely on our sense of fairness or gut instinct to get a good deal. How do great negotiators achieve their desired outcomes?
The University of Manchester’s Alliance Manchester Business School Negotiation Skills executive education programme provides the insights, frameworks and practices professionals need to enter a negotiating environment with confidence. By improving skills at the negotiating table, executives will become more successful in their role and directly influence their organisation in a positive way.
The programme comprises:
• Highly interactive, two-day programme in Dubai
• Designed for those with little or no prior negotiating experience or training
• Process-driven approach
• Focuses on practical negotiation exercises that vary in complexity and build on each other
• Employs the latest thinking in negotiation skills from Alliance MBS experts across different sectors and industries
The two-day programme is designed to provide delegates with a five-step process that is applicable to every negotiation and systematically takes the group through each of these five steps, demonstrating which tools and tactics are appropriate at each stage. The programme will also introduce the concept of information asymmetry, which is fundamentally important in negotiation. The five-step process can be used in any negotiation to promote deals that allow maximum value creation, through the systematic reduction of information asymmetry.
Delegates will learn how to apply methods and tactics to any negotiation, and how to select teams with the potential to achieve great outcomes (even when they operate from a position of perceived weakness). In addition, every delegate will have feedback on how to modify their personal approach to achieve great outcomes.
The programme will be of great value to delegates who may be:
• Moving from middle to senior management, or from senior management to executive level
• Required to think and work more effectively or to deliver better outcomes
• Leading a major change programme or project initiative
• An entrepreneur looking to start or expand a business
• Considering a career change or a move to a completely new sector
At the end of this two-day programme candidates will have a greater understanding of the key components that drive all negotiations, appreciate their own strengths and identify areas requiring modification, and know how to plan, lead and achieve great outcomes in any negotiation. They will also understand how influence and persuasion play a role in achieving positive negotiation outcomes and develop confidence when speaking about and utilising negotiation tools and techniques. All participants will connect with Alliance MBS experts and fellow participants, and take home learnings from their personal and professional experiences and challenges. They will also join The University of Manchester's thriving Middle East alumni community, a source of lifelong connections and continued professional development opportunities.